Pages

Monday, April 7, 2014

A few things...


Today is a beautiful spring day.  Don't you love spring?  I love all new seasons but I think Spring is the most hopeful.  And I don't know what it is, but I am feeling the urge to buy more chickens.  I don't know if that is a good idea--we only have one chicken left.  The kids have taken to calling her Katniss for obvious reasons... Sadie seems to have reached some sort of agreement with the little chick.  She has now gone several months without eating her even though the hen insists on flying over the coop fence.  They completely ignore each other.  And Katniss lays the most beautiful blue eggs.  So it makes sense that I should get some new little babes to keep her company right?

I am also feeling the urge to wash all the blankets and hang them out to dry.  This happens to me every spring and has since before I even had my own blankets to wash. I think my grandmothers must be whispering in my ears on that one.  I LOVE fresh, soft, sun kissed blankets.

Speaking of laundry I am so proud of myself.  I did all the laundry.  We went on a vacation over spring break.  Our first real vacation.  Here's a hint of what the vacation was like...






It was awesome and I will write more on that later.  My huge accomplishment was triggered by my intense need to leave my house clean when I leave it.  ("Why do we have to clean mom?! So the robbers will think our house is nice?" Who do you think makes that comment every single time?!)  

I washed every. single. last. bit. of dirty laundry in my house before we left.  I even matched socks.  And we cleaned and vacuumed.  And I balanced the checkbook.  And we paid for the whole vacation in CA$H.  (Thank you Magic Valley Goldendoodles!) Dave Ramsey would be proud.  Except we aren't debt free... But hey...

During our vacation we had to remove a set of stitches (Thanks Dad!) --
For this kid.




Can someone please help me convince Dallin that he has to stop playing rugby for a while to give his brain a chance to rest?  This child has superman syndrome.  He just barely recovered form a seriously life hampering concussion for heaven's sake.

I went to watch him play rugby just before we left and when I arrived I saw Dallin getting his head wrapped up with blood pouring down one entire side of his face.  It doesn't even faze me anymore.  I didn't even need to go look at him--I just sat down in the bleachers and said--"I'll bet my last ten bucks that that kid needs stitches."  He watched the rest of the game from the side line (thankfully) and when he got home he showered and we headed to the ER.  One of our fastest trips ever!  In and out in just over an hour!

We had two more days off of school after we got home (14 days off total!) and it was heavenly.  We rested and unpacked and watched an amazing weekend of conference.  So spoiled!

Rustin left tonight for a work trip to Boston.  I miss him like crazy when he's gone.  But he promised to visit all of the Diners, Drive-ins and Dives restaurants for us... We will hang out here and get back to the last two months of school!

1 comment:

Jamie Hatch said...

Im about to think your boys should give up sports all together. The best part of leaving a clean house when you go on vacation, is coming home to a clean house! Isn't that feeling amazing! Can't wait to read about your trip!