Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Valentine's Day

Sometimes I hate Pinterest.  I saw this beautiful picture of a fluffy strawberry cake and decided to use my silicone heart shaped pan to make my family a treat.



I pulled out my favorite Lion House cake recipe and added some freshly chopped strawberries. Then Jenna and I added in some strawberry jello to add a pink color and flavor to the cake.  I baked it for 35 minutes and it was still jiggly so I added another 10, then another 10 until  finally I took it out of the oven despite its jiggly-ness.

I don't know how I managed this but my beautiful 'fluffy' cake seriously had the texture of bread pudding.  Delicious bread pudding but definitely NOT cake.  Who makes a cake that turns into bread pudding!?


Cakes have never been my favorite but now I am determined to figure out how to make an awesome fresh strawberry cake.

Otherwise Valentine's Day was fun.  It's been 18 years since Rustin and I were engaged. Eighteen awesome years! We've almost lived with each other longer than we lived with our parents.  That's a weird thought.

I can't wait until 2045 when I can say that we were engaged 50 years ago... Won't that be fun?! I'll have to plan some awesome party.  Or maybe just a quiet night home.  I would love both equally.  That's the great thing about marrying the right guy. Rich or poor, young or old, whatever we do makes us happy.  I hope it always stays that way.

2 comments:

Jamie Hatch said...

I love Pinterest fails! Yeah! Once again you make me feel normal! And Congratulations, I didn't know you got engaged on Valentines, so romantic!

Kimberly said...

It was the day Jotham left the MTC to go to Spain!