Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Blooming

I think there is finally light on the horizon. I mean that literally. It seems the weeks have been trudging by with lightening speed.  Meaning that I am usually behind before I even realize that I'm supposed to be doing something.  But, the sun is showing itself in the morning and the flowers are peeking their little heads so it feels like everything is beautiful.

Here are some of the basics from the last few weeks.

Dallin and Landon had their first band concert. 136 beginning band students on the stage at one time. It was shockingly good! We were very impressed and Landon declared that it was the most fun thing he has done in middle school.

Austin finally finished all his outstanding homework which brought his grades up to straight A's. (we won't mention what they were without the missing assignments...)  We are determined to keep organized this quarter. This is not exactly my or Austin's strong point so I'm sure this will be a worthy goal for both of us!

I am dreaming of a chicken coop.  Don't tell my neighbors.

Benson can do endless flips on the trampoline.  He has a couple of bloody lips and loose tooth (not kidding...) to prove it.  

I can do flips on skis (not only lost my skis but my boot as well...).  Oh yes it was beautiful.  With three 12-year-olds to witness my perfect gracefulness I don't think I will soon forget the worst crash I have ever had.

Jenna is halfway through book one of Suzuki violin and I finished book two a couple of weeks ago.  I am surprised at how much I enjoy learning a new instrument.  It isn't nearly as hard as learning the first instrument (piano) was--I wonder if it's like learning a foreign language?  I hear the the third language is easier than the second. Maybe Spanish is on my horizon. 

Rustin is finally sleeping through the night again after a long (almost 4 weeks) and painful bout with an extremely stubborn virus that causes uncontrollable coughing --(still coughing all day long--ugg).  Of course that is just in time for Austin and Benson to pick it up so I am still awake at midnight tonight...

 Jenna picked daffodils and put them in a vase on the table tonight.  I am so thankful to see spring!





2 comments:

Growinguptogether said...

Next year you all sould come spend some time with us during the long winter months. We have tons of room and could get the Packers, Holts and Olsens all together. Hope the coughs don't last as long for the kiddos! I myself am scared to get back on skis, way to go!

Juli said...

I wish I were there to see your flip. I'm glad nothing is hurt (except your pride. . . ) I love Daffodils. I love chickens too. They call them Chooks here. I think I'll go cook a chook for dinner tonight. Good job on the band. I think it is fun to make something beautiful (music) together with other people. Everyone needs to do it sometime.