Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer catch up



To remind us that we've done more than move and move-in--here are some pics.

We went to a great Family reunion at Heber Valley Camp. I am always pleasantly surprised to meet my aunt and six cousins who also inherited the trademark Patterson telephone-cord-curls. I should clarify that I actually have 55 first cousins (and counting) on that side of the family but we girls are in the minority. There are lots of curly boys, but they aren't as noticeable!
**Okay my sisters have corrected me--we actually have just over 70 first cousins...and still counting! I may be off on the curly hair count too, I'll have to check that one. But, I am sure that the girls are outnumbered 3:1. No wonder I have 4 boys and only 1 girl--Patterson's are to blame! The original family has 10 boys and 3 girls. hmmm.**


What's even more reassuring is that the way we look has almost nothing to do with the family bond. My cute cousin-in-law from Korea (who has two sets of twins!) feels as much a part of my family as all the curly haired girls. That's because we are family. It has nothing to do with blood relations and everything to do with spiritual relations.

We repelled down trees and canoed on beautiful lakes and ate really good food. And of course the kids would add that they got to play DS together. What could beat that.


2 comments:

Ash said...

where did you get 55? I swear Neal was 64, (I saw it on a picture grandma had once) and there are at least 5 or 6 more after him, yes I'm still talking about 1st cousins.

beck said...

I thought it was more like 70.