Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Moving, sisters and other fun stuff

We are in the midst of everyone's favorite activity...moving. Not too far mind you--just a couple of blocks down the road into a house that we already own (our renters moved out...long story).

We are excited but I have forgotten how much stress is involved with reconciling myself with all my not-quite-well-enough-organized stuff. ugg. And of course the prospect of all of our great friends who are willing to help really seeing the "dirty laundry in the corners." And to make it all even more of an adventure--my mom is out of town.

How does one move without her mother? I'll tell you how--she uses her sisters. I am the luckiest girl in the world. Three of my four sisters came home yesterday (we miss you Juli!). Though they really came to visit Emily, who is here on a surprise visit from Ohio, I am pretending they all came just for me. It's amazing. Not a husband in sight (mine is around here sometimes--I'm just not quite sure where...) and yet everything gets done. Okay--actually Trevor was here for a couple of hours today and I will admit--I put him to work pulling out a cabinet for me. Thanks.

It's so great to see how things work together. We all enjoy each other's kids and it doesn't seem to be a problem to work out food or cleaning or anything else. In fact it's really nice to have other moms around. I can see the advantages of this.

In general--I hope to emerge from the moving fun in about a week. We'll see how it goes... Wish me luck!

3 comments:

sariah said...

I'm so glad you've had some help- especially fun sisters, to get everything done. Please let me know if you'd like me to take your 2 little ones some afternoon while you do some deep cleaning, etc.

Oh, and I know what you mean about everyone seeing your "dirty laundry". My awesome visiting teachers helped clean/pack my boys basement bedroom (the worst room in the house, let me tell ya)- there was a petrified CUPCAKE under the bunkbed along with a host of other horrible things. I'm blushing again just thinking about it!

VicandNanc said...

Ha! Good luck. I feel like an expert mover so let me know if you need help!

Tommie said...

How are you? Your family is beautiful!