Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday? Seriously?

It's been a great two days of spring break.

I have only threatened my children with death once. (It would have been more if my parents didn't take mercy on the twins and invite them over to spend the night tonight...).

My house is completely clean and tidy (as noted below)--


and absolutely NOTHING has been broken. (Please notice the carefully planned,newly purchased picture frames that graced my kitchen wall for a whopping 30 hours. I haven't found the energy to try to super glue the frames back together but I did sweep up all the glass. Does that count?)



I have been feeding everyone low-carb homemade goodness (straight from the local bakery)


And I haven't bribed ANYONE (Landon) with a doughnut to help me go grocery shopping.

It's 10:30 p.m. and Jenna just asked me when Daddy is coming home from work. ("He's really late today!") I reminded her that he was home for dinner for a second before he headed out again.

I will give myself credit for attempting some St. Patrick's Day spirit--we had corned beef and cabbage for dinner. Very good. And I let every child pinch me ('no tiny pinches allowed,' I said a million times) when they noticed that I wasn't wearing green. All day. Aren't I a good sport?

It's supposed to be really nice out tomorrow so maybe I'll get them to move the fort business outside. And I'll get to work on the pictures--this time with the earthquake proof hangers!

5 comments:

InkMom said...

Oh, wow. I can't imagine when the transition goes from, "I cannot take any of these children to the grocery store" to bribing one of them to come and help!

I was thinking about you the other day . . . remembering how helpful and supportive you were when we were in Memphis and I was undergoing fertility treatments (all doomed to fail) involving lots of injections. I don't know if I ever said thank you then, so I'm saying it now. Thanks!

Ash said...

hahahaha! I love it!

Nicole said...

We are on Spring Break this week too, and the weather here has been great. All of my daffodils are blooming and I even have a peony pushing up through the soil. I have been trying to get all of the dead stuff from last year cleared out, and it makes me think about talking plants with you! I miss you.

VicandNanc said...

KIM! I learned so much about you today! Your family picture up top is ADORABLE! Where did you get them taken? I wondered how all the families are doing with kids home all week! ...going crazy I guess! haha!! :)

Juli said...

I'm laughing. Sorry about your picture frame. Nice fort.