Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving

This fall has been beautiful.  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year.  This year it has been impossible to keep any kind of decorations on the table.  Jackson climbs up and throws everything off.  So I cut up a skirt that I made out of linen  (the skirt was terrible so no loss there...) and made these cute little pumpkins.  I love the linen with the black.  They are weighted with rice in the bottom.  It has been perfect.  Jackson can throw them on the floor and they are no worse for the wear.   


Just before Thanksgiving we made some pies.  I haven't hosted Thanksgiving by myself for years so I haven't made pies for a loooong time. I kind of stink at pies but it wasn't as bad as I feared. In fact I would say we had delicious food the entire weekend.

Pie day.
Quality assurance by Jackson who 'helped' make the apple cranberry pie--
when he wasn't taking a nap with Beau! 


We had Jotham and Jamie and their kids over.  They are the best house guests.  Our kids all get along so well and our lives are so similar that I never worry about what they will think of us and our craziness.  And they are super helpful with meals and games and cleaning up.  We were so laid back we didn't even take any pictures.  Darn.  We put the leaves in the table and we were able to seat 12.  We put Holly and Jackson and Gavin at their own little table. 
It was a great weekend and I  am ready for the Christmas season to start!

No comments: