Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Brrrr.

Today is the Klondike derby.  Rustin and the big boys are probably racing with one of these as I write.

And last night they slept in one of these.

I woke up to the sound of the wailing wind in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep. I hope no one is frozen.  They planned to dig a big trench for the whole troop and cover it with wood, a giant tarp and some snow.  Can't wait to hear how it went.

In the mean time, Jenna and Benson made their own plans.  We went swimming and then we each got one of these:
in honor of our freezing family members.

Have I mentioned that Benson has had a hard time learning to read?  This is something we have dealt with before so it makes us really nervous.  Rustin and Benson lay on the couch every morning after scriptures and practice reading.  Benson is a determined little guy and won't have any help sounding out words which is a great trait.  He has made a lot of progress and is getting better every day but I still worry.

So last night after swimming we pulled up to the drive-through menu to make our choices. Jenna of course wanted a cookie-dough blizzard and then Benson piped up, "I want a double fudge cookie dough blizzard!"

He read the sign! We get blizzards maybe once a year so I know he didn't know what the sign said.

Of course he got his blizzard and I smiled all the way home.

1 comment:

Juli said...

We tried to make Blizzards for FHE last Monday. Not bad, I must say. I wish I could get ahold of a Butterfinger - they're my favorite.