Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

The 4th of July always brings a tinge of sadness as it marks the mid-point of summer.  I love summer.  I love the smell of sizzling grass as the afternoon rain hits it. I love running out of popsicles half-way through every week.  I love waking up to the sound of sprinklers and lawnmowers.  I love having the kids around.  Really--it's my favorite time of year.  This year we headed out of town for the weekend.
We went to Logan to meet our newest cousin--Collin Wayne Thomas.  He has the squishiest body  (9lbs.3oz!) and most kissable cheeks ever!

We stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Hatch and floated the river.  It is an entirely different experience to do things like this now that the kids are all older.  Way more fun and a lot less work for Rustin and me.  Dallin and Landon blew up about a million inter-tubes and we packed them in Darren's truck.
Jenna and Benson "helped" by dodging the sprinklers.
Don't you wish you could move like that?!
We got to float with Trevor's family which was awesome.  The the river was nice and warm from emptying out of the shallow reservoir.  The water was just low enough to give us a few bumps and bruises in some tender places (in Ashlee's case on her face...) but we had a blast.

I am sad to see my favorite summer holiday go.  One of these days I will have to write a post about my depth of gratitude for those who have gone before us.  Rustin's great...Grandfather fought in the Revolutionary War.  We are truly grateful.  We try to make sure our ancestors are not forgotten by the up-coming generation.  That's the best thanks we have to offer!

1 comment:

Ash said...

9lbs 6oz! But I'm pretty sure he's already 12! How do you make them stop growing? I remember when the Twin's we SO tiny and look at them now!