Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Call me Miss Beetle

All right. 
Here goes. 
We are home schooling this year!
Ahhh! (Think of father of the bride when the daughter announces she's getting married...)

There is quite a steep learning curve to get this all going but I have some awesome friends and suburb mentors that are holding my hand. 

I should clarify that only Jenna, Benson and Jackson are home every day. And Dallin is taking one English course through the local common wealth school. (Which is awesome.)

We have always loved the idea home school but honestly never ever thought we'd actually take the leap. And then this last spring something changed and here we are. 
And we love it! 
And we are terrified!
And then peaceful!
And then terrified!
And then excited!

We have a huge support system here in Twin Falls. We meet with 66 other kids and moms once a week for really great classes and lots of support. And we have a mix of online and traditional curriculum. We are still working out some of the kinks but I honestly feel myself stretching and growing. I have that warm gentle burning in my heart on a daily basis which always surprises me and is what keeps me going with confidence. 

I realize how blessed I am. 
I sure do love these kids. 

Jenna got to pick the quote of the day. Clearly we are going for literary excellence here...  :)


Making automobiles from Wind in the Willows. 

The rest of us are keeping busy: football, church etc AND I am thrilled to report that we are now going on four months without an injury or surgery. Fingers crossed!



No comments: