Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thanksgiving is good, Thanksliving is better!

I saw that quote on a local church.  

I can't agree more. 

Sometimes when my perspective is skewed (that happens a lot lately...) it seems like the only way to find balance is to physically do something to remind myself of what I'm thankful for.  

Visiting teaching helps (thinking of someone else is always a good idea...).  

Counting the pairs of jeans that do NOT have a ripped knee while doing the laundry.

Vacuum the front room which is often the only clean room in my house.


The other day Benson was having a very rare complete crying melt down and finally he sobbed "just put me in the rock-a-bye and I'll calm down don't you know!"  So I held him and we rocked and I felt calm and peaceful.  And Thankful.

1 comment:

Juli said...

You're awesome. I think I need a rock'a bye too!