Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

We believe in being honest...

Today I walked outside into the backyard (actually I didn't make it off the steps...) where just two days ago I planned to plant so many beautiful flowers and trees...

I changed my mind.  I decided that it is all too much work.  I'm just going to buy a commercial size jug of season long weed killer and douse the whole place.  One look at the bumpy lumpy 40 year old lawn and all its faults sealed the fate.

Apparently our lovely pooch has taken his personal responsibility to recycle very seriously.  That big hole next to the soggy pile of mint is his personal attempt to assist me in my plantings.  He filled it with paper plates and {I believe} a naked barbie.  He didn't chew the barbie. Just took her on a sight-seeing trip.

It's a good thing he is cute and very sweet.  And soft. Because some days he is about to become a 'Lady and the Tramp" dog.  Any yes that is my belly in the way of the picture...

The Garden Spot.  Complete with squash that has been waiting to be harvested since last year. 


I have determined that growing babies and growing gardens are incompatible.  At least for now.

3 comments:

VicandNanc said...

Oh Kim, you & your writing still cracks me up. Thanks for they belly shot! haha :)

Juli said...

I miss you! And I love the belly shot.
I want a dog.

sariah said...

The summer I was pregnant with Leif and the following summer too, I was just too tired to contemplate any ambitious yard plans. (Ambitious meaning practically ANYTHING) But the desire does return! yay! Just enjoy the baby and try not to feel pressure or guilt. That's easy to say. :-)