Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Laugh...

The other day I forgot to take Austin to scouts.  I took Dallin and Landon but left Austin home reading a book.  I didn't even realize that I had ignored my middle child until Rustin got home and  asked me why Austin didn't go to scouts.
  
When I called the scout master to apologize and explain that I am often unintentionally forgetful he just commented, "don't worry Sister Hatch, I had already heard that about you."  

Great.  

So...to keep my self-esteem in tact...every once in a while I need to read about a mom who is just as bad as I am.  

You have to read this post.  I'm still laughing!

Exposed.  written by themeanestmom.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Cami said...

Kim that's funny! I can totally see me doing that! And I really liked the "exposed" blog!

Corine Moore said...

LOL - I love it! :D And the reason I love it... is because my boys missed scouts for WEEKS - all 3 of them - because their dear, sweet, blond, mother... was too busy enjoying summer to remember. ;) I haven't read the blog yet that you recommended, but I will. You may enjoy a blog I wrote some time ago about my "blond" moments. Here is the link in case you are interested. ;) http://corinesmiles.blogspot.com/2010/01/legally-blond-and-hidden-agendas.html

VicandNanc said...

Oh Kim, just catching up on your blog again & you are always good for a laugh, I love the way you write!

Juli said...

I love the meanest mom. I am laughing hard! You just made my day. By the way, you are an awesome mom. Why didn't Austin speak up that he had been left behind? Maybe he didn't want to go, so you're not completely to blame.